I'm posting again! Can you believe it! It's because I'm on Spring Break and actually have a chance to do this! We have had a very busy couple of months which is what has kept us off of the blog. So, as briefly as I can, here is what has been going on:
1) My car is having troubles. I killed one of the tires on my car and we needed to get a new one as well as an oil change. It also needed to be looked at for a couple of problems I have been having with it. This wouldn't have been too bad, but then...
2) Micah's car needed an oil change and the driver side windshield wiper just stopped working. He took his car in to get it fixed and they came back with a list of $2000 worth of other stuff to fix. We said "no thanks" and took it somewhere else. They came back with their own list totaling $3000 and the two lists were almost completely different! One of my coworkers suggested taking our car to the Auto Shop at the school. They gave me a list of things that were wrong and for most of them said, "you don't need to worry about this. I wouldn't spend the money." Hurray! For the few things that we need to get fixed, I asked the shop teacher where I should go since I now know where NOT to go! He went and got his card because he works in a shop over the summers and said that everything can wait til summer and he will fix if we want. Hurray!!
Thankfully we won't need to be spending several thousands of dollars on cars right now. Unfortunately all this car stuff was going on at the same time as . . .
3) I have been having health problems. I don't know what it is or if it is serious. These are problems that have been going on for a while and I have had looked at in St. Louis. I have some strange head and neck pain. In the middle of February, the pain started acting up again and causing dizziness, which hadn't happened for about a year until now. I went to see a doctor, got X-rays, which came back normal, had some crazy medications that made me really dizzy, went to see a neurologist, and am now getting 2 MRI's on Friday. I am hoping that they show something so that I can know what is going on, but I am also hoping that they don't show anything cause I don't want anything to be wrong. The neurologist took me off all my previous medications and gave me one that I can only take at night. I think he did this so that the pain could have a chance to "cause changes to my daily activities" and so that the insurance will approve the medication he wants to give me. I have come home and laid on the couch for the last couple of weeks cause of the pain. It really stinks. I go back to the neurologist April 13th. Anyway, all of this has meant that I have spent lots of time on hold trying to get through to someone to make an appointment, having to leave work early for some "if you don't see me today, I will hurt you" appointments, lots of time in doctors offices, and lots of time not doing anything because of the pain.
4) We are trying to figure out where we’re going to live when our lease is up. We’re assessing our options: stay here, go to another apartment complex, or buy a house. While we’re tied into our apartment until mid-July, we’ve looked at a few houses here and there to get a good feel for the homes that fit our price range. Perhaps if we find an exceptional house in our price range and we feel that it’s “the one,” we’ll jump on it; but unless that happens, we’re still looking at and praying through our options.
So, as you can see, lots of things are happening out here. We have had some fun though recently.
- we go mini - golfing cause the weather is beautiful!
- when I'm not feeling well, we watch Numb3rs. We have the first 3 seasons and I LOVE that show. I show it to my students and they love it too. They keep asking to watch it :)
- we try to walk to the near-by park everyday (depending on how I feel)
- on Sunday Micah and Mike went skiing at Winter Park. We decided that it wasn't a good idea for me to go at this time. I guess I'll just have to wait til next season. I did go with the guys and my friend Sarah and I drove around the mountains talking and taking some great pictures with my new camera.
That is about it. I'm sure I left some stuff out on accident. If I remember, I'll let you know. I'll put up some of my pictures from the mountains after I finish sorting through them all. I took over 500 pictures in about 4 hours!!
2 comments:
HI! My name is Meghan and I am friends of Mark and Courtney's way back when we lived in MI! I found your blog on theirs and I just wanted to let you know that if you do decide that you want to start house hunting, I have a wonderful realtor that I'd recommend in a heartbeat, if needed. We used her to buy our home nearly 2 years ago and we're now putting ours back on the market since the Army is relocating us to KY! Working with her has been such a blessing; she really knows her stuff, about homes, the area, home repair, etc. I'll leave you my email in case you might need it!
isthisacatchynameorwhat@yahoo.com
T, I'm so sorry you're still struggling with pain!
Definitely get in touch with Meghan (my friend in the comment above) if you guys are looking for house help/info. They've been in CS for the past few years and also did the house-hunting thing. :)
Post a Comment