Saturday, April 18, 2009

Updates on Everything

On Monday I had my doctor visit. I waited to update because I had a project due at work and that needed to get done before I did anything else. (More on that in a little bit). The good news is that my brain looks good and, from my MRI, my teeth look great - nice and straight. (Thanks Mom and Dad for paying for those braces :) ). The bad news is that the vertebrae in my neck is all lined up nice and straight. Although that sounds like a good thing, it is really bad because your neck is supposed to make a "C" shape. Now, some good news again, my neck has no discs out of place or anything that would need surgery as of yet and is still completely reversible! Praise God!! I am waiting to hear from my insurance to see if they will approve the use of Botox (no, not to make me look years younger. I really don't need that. I already look like one of my students.) The Botox is a muscle relaxant that will release all of the muscles in my back and neck and stop the spasms help my neck return to its normal shape. If the insurance doesn't approve this, then the doctor can get me one dose for my neck instead of the 3-4 he wants to do in my neck, head, and back. One dose will be ok, but it may not be enough to keep me out of the operating room in a few years. He said I can pay for it myself if I want, but it's like $3,000 per shot, so that ain't happenin'. So right now we're praying for insurance approval.

For work I had this huge portfolio to turn in on Friday. It isn't difficult, it's just a lot to compile and shove into a binder. So, I had to type everything and gather everything all together. It took all week. I even had to stay up a few hours past my bedtime on Thursday night. But, we got a snow day on Friday, so I didn't have to turn it in anyway.

The weather here has gone crazy. We have had more snow here in the last month than we had all winter. But don't let that taint your view of Colorado, it has all melted within a day and sometimes the same day. When my department chair called me to tell me we had a snow day on Friday, I looked out my window and said, "Are you sure? A whole day?" At 5:30 am there was still no snow on the ground. It started to really snow around 10, stopped at 1 and melted, and began again at 4. We wouldn't have had any problems getting students to and from school. I don't really know what they were thinking, but at least I didn't have to work.

Last weekend I took off Friday since Micah had it off. (And I have off next Friday. Three 4-day weeks in a row!!) We went to this place called the Penny Arcade. They have a bunch of arcade games there and games you can win tickets from. We found an old pinball game that cost 5 cents and it gave us a free game everytime you score over a certain amount of points. We played 12 games for 5 cents!! With the tickets we won, we turned them in for a couple of pieces of candy and headed out to look at the shops around the arcade.

Lastly, Micah and I joined 24 Hour fitness. We joined about 3 weeks ago and have gone at least 3 times a week since then. I'm really excited because they have a pool! Although, I don't really like swimming in it. They said they don't use a lot of chlorine, but whatever it is they use is really salty. I feel like I'm swimming in the ocean. It really dries my skin out and makes me very thirsty.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Glad to hear you have some answers! I totally understand the insurance battle!!