After we got back visiting family, we had a relatively quiet New Year's. We played games and watched a lot of football. Then I got sick. I had a cold for my whole 2nd week of break. It was a complete bummer! I was looking forward to really using that time to get lots of stuff done, but nothing got done. I spent a lot of time sleeping on the couch and watching movies.
I had two ease-in days where I did not have any students and then they came back. So far 2nd semester has been a lot better than 1st. Even the first day back was good. I gave them 5 minutes to talk about whatever they wanted and then they worked the rest of the hour! I'm going to have to remember this. On Saturday I had to go to an all day training for work. It was kinda annoying to have to do it on a Saturday, but at least I got it all out of the way at once instead of taking an hour every week for a month.
For my birthday, we went to dinner at Carrabbas and then got ice cream at Josh and John's - this great local place. Micah had already given me my gift before Christmas so I could show it off to family - specifically my dad. He got me a fancy digital camera and since my dad is a big photography buff, I brought it for our trip so I could learn how to use it.
Micah's work has been a lot calmer now that the holiday's are over. He had a couple stressful weeks as they tried to get out all of their e-mails before Christmas. Now things have slowed back down.
Now you're all caught up.
No comments:
Post a Comment