Friday, July 24, 2009

The Rest of Russell's Visit

While Russell was in town, we went to the Ice Caves. The Ice Caves are a huge pile of boulders for people to climb. It's like a big playground. It's called Ice Caves because people used to put their food under the boulders to keep it cold. It is freezing under the boulders.


Russell climbed to the top of this one:
Micah is keeping this one from falling and crushing the entire city. We had to leave him there to keep the city safe. I go back and visit once a week and bring him food.
Russell came at the perfect time to help us finish moving out of our apartment and he helped put our countertop at a more reasonable height.

Before (You can see a small bit of the counter to the right. In this picture you can tell that the counter is not a normal height compared to the one behind it):The actual counter:

I don't have an after picture. I thought I did, but oh well. In the picture above, you can see a white ledge above the counter. We put the counter where the white ledge is.

Then we took Russell on a drive on Gold Camp Road, an old railroad route now dirt road, where we watched a deer climb down the side of the mountain and cross in front of us:


We drove through a tunnel (by "we" I mean, "the guys." They made me get out of the car, walk through the dark scary tunnel by myself where I had to dodge bats, step through lots of squishy creepy crawly things, and heard some growling - I think from a mountain lion, and stand and take their picture as they came through):
Ok, they really didn't make me walk aside from a few steps outside the tunnel, and the tunnel was too short to have anything living in it, but that makes a better story.

We saw this great valley:
When we got to the end of the road and started heading back, we realized that we arrived in Bedrock. I always wondered where it was
And of course, in Bedrock, you have to have these signs:


We also went to the Garden of the Gods, watched fireworks (cause he came over the 4th), and had lots of fun hanging out.

No comments: