On our way up to the camp Friday evening we saw 3 moose! (Many much moosen! I saw a flock of moosen in the woodsen! - if you don't get it, listen to more Brian Regan) We saw a mom and baby and then a buck with big antlers! After we ate, we went for a walk to the lake, about a 10 minute walk, and looked at the stars. While we were there, we heard a big splash. We used our friend's flashlight, that is really more like a spotlight, and watched a moose swim across the lake! After the moose ran into the woods on the other side, we watched the moon rise over the mountains. It was a beautiful night.
I lightened the one spot that the moose is in, so you can kinda see the male:
The entire picture was lightened, so you can see the moose:
The next day, we went canoeing. The lake has a camp complete with lodge, cabins, bathrooms (that are open some of the time), and canoe rentals. It took some time to talk Micah into it, but by the end of the hour, we were getting fairly good at maneuvering the canoe. We had a great view and a great morning and afternoon. That evening it rained for about 2 hours and we all huddled in one tent and played some games.
View from campsite:
Sunset:
Sunday morning was a lazy one. We took a short hike before we left. The path we were on takes you to a waterfall, but we had to be back home by 4:30, so we had to turn around before we got to the waterfall. The wildflowers and aspens were beautiful!
We saw a marmot on our hike:
2 comments:
Beautiful pics, Tiffany! (But I already told you that on FB!) I have never been camping before. All our friends are shocked, but I'm not at all. I really appreciate things like bathrooms, flushing, mattresses, sleeping inside my brick bungalow, and eating things that don't need to be placed on a stick. But...when I see your pictures, I could DEFINITELY do camping if the views were like yours! Glad you had a good time, my friend.
If you ever come out here, we'll take you to this lake. I think it was completely worth giving up a couple of things for two nights.
Post a Comment