Although this hasn't been a great experience, it's been an answered prayer. Since January I had been trying to decide what to do next year. I love my job, coworkers, and school, but I hate the hours and the amount of time I am taken away from Julia. I had been debating if I should stay or leave and look for a part time job. The decision was made for me and in the end, I'm ok with that. I talked to my department head, and if there are funds next year for the math tutor, I will be the first one called for the position. That would be a perfect job for me! It's 2 or 3 days a week and I get to still be a part of the school with all of the students. Now, I know you may be thinking that it's crazy to hope for this position, but here's what many times happens:
- Budget cuts are made
- Money is "found" (I don't know how, but it is) or it is discovered that money they have can only be used for certain things
- The tutoring position is reinstated
Last year, we weren't supposed to have money for a tutor, but the district wanted us to do all of these interventions (extra help for the students) and we complained that they were asking us to do this without the resources and magically we had money for a math tutor again. So, while a long shot, it is still possible. I won't know until August. But, since teachers here get paid on a 12 month cycle, I don't need a job until then anyway.
I wasn't ready for the announcement until now and that's why the silence on my end here. Now, I
just have to tell my kiddos.
2 comments:
We're BOTH going to be SAHMs!! I'm so excited for you! Although I'm sure you, like me, stress over the financial aspect. Now if only we weren't several states apart... :)
Oh, and we'll be in Denver for about a week and a half in July. We'll have to try to meet up!
Tiffany, I read this last month and was so happy to hear that you're taking the news well. I am praying you get that position as a math tutor!! I so hope you enjoy the time with Julia; she definitely will! :)
Post a Comment