About 2 weeks ago it got really cold. Like -16 degrees without the windchill and it snowed a ton. I had a 2 hour delay, a snow day, and a 2 hour delay at the beginning of the week. That was a great week, well, except for one thing...
We noticed on Tuesday that water was leaking through the ceiling in our kitchen. Our inspector told us our roof was bad but that it should get us through the winter. We thought that maybe the storm was just too bad for the roof. We were also a bit concerned because our money had all gone into the furnace. At the time we were replacing the furnace, we had prayed about it and decided that God would honor our decision to not go further in debt to pay for it. I had to constantly remind myself about that throughout the week as we waited to see what would happen with the roof. I kept praying, "God, we did what you asked. Please, somehow, make this work out." And I was hoping the insurance would pay for a new roof.
Micah called the insurance company on Wednesday to see if we had a claim. They gave us the number of a roofer who would tell us if it was storm damage or not. He came out the next week and looked in the attic and immediately knew what the problem was. The humidifier on the furnace was set up too high! Just to make sure, he went up on the roof and checked things out. He adjusted the humidifier setting and told us the roof will last at least 5 years!
At this point I've decided that our inspector doesn't know what he's talking about. He was wrong about our furnace (saying it was fine, just dirty) and the roof needing to be replaced within the year.
I'm also praising God for how he worked out our situation. All that we need to pay for is to fix the little bit of damage in the ceiling in the kitchen (which can wait a bit). I think it is amazing how God provides and not even in the ways that you expect. I never expected to hear that our roof was fine, I was always hoping for some money to appear somewhere so we didn't have to pay for it. God went above and beyond anything I could hope for. He was faithful to us when we first honored him with our decision to not go into more debt. How awesome is our God!
1 comment:
That's wonderful! God is truly awesome! Have a blessed Christmas!
Post a Comment