Friday, April 9, 2010

First Comes Love, Then Comes Marriage...

That's right! We're having a baby!

I am currently 15 weeks and we're both doing well. The little one has been fine all along, but I have had a rough 9 weeks. Right at the onset of week 6 I started getting sick, a lot. I've been on a very restrictive diet to help my stomach. I've eaten more crackers, potatoes, bread, and jell-o than I've ever imagined I could in a 9 week period. Thankfully, I have some great co-workers who have been a big help. They watch my classes while I spend time in the bathroom and, on days when I've had to go home, they've helped me get things ready for my sub.

Last week Monday was the worst of it. After an entire day of non-stop ickyness, the doctor sent me to the emergency room to get hydrated. We spent 5 hours there and I took Tuesday off work as well. Since then, I've been feeling better and better. I still live with almost constant nausea, but I am hoping that will end soon.

This Monday Micah and I heard the baby's heart beat for the first time. It was so exciting! The doctor gave us some good news. Basically he said that the sicker I am the better it means for the health of our baby. The doctor also said that the amount of weight I've lost is nothing to be concerned about. So there's good news all around.

We'll keep you updated as things come!

4 comments:

Cordell P. Schulten said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful news! All the best to you two and the little one on the way!
grace & peace,
cordell & sandy

Jess said...

Congrats again! Too bad about the morning sickness - hopefully that will go away soon (in time to feel the baby moving and kicking!) We'll be praying for your growing family!
Jess, Kevin, and Maddie

Woggie said...

I am so excited for you two!!!

Thuy said...

Congratulations, my friend! Sorry you're so sick, though so glad the baby is doing great!