I have no excuses. I have just not been posting updates. A lot has happened since we last really posted .... ummm... like a year ago. Oops. Here's a quick overview of what's been going on.
*March 2012 - We flew to St. Louis to see Micah's brother, Van, get married. It was a short, but fun weekend.
*May 2012 - We flew to Chicago to participate in my brother's wedding over Memorial Day weekend. It was a great day.
- I finished my last day of work just before leaving for the wedding.
*June 2012 - Micah's sister, Bethany, and her family came in for a visit. It was so fun to see them and show off where we live.
- Micah turned 30. We celebrated with a Sky Sox (minor league baseball) game with us and our friends.
- The northern foothills just outside/inside town caught fire. (I posted on that. We're far away from there).
*July 2012 - Micah spent his first time away from Julia as I took her to Chicago for a week. We did lots of fun stuff and then Micah joined our trip.
- In Chicago we had a family reunion in honor of my grandfather's 90th birthday.
- We left Chicago and headed to St. Louis for a visit with family.
*August 2012 - I did NOT go back to work!!!! I've been home with Julia full time!!!! (which is why I don't have any excuses for not updating)
*September 2012 - Micah got a promotion to assistant manager at work with the prospect of moving to manager in 6-12 months.
*October 2012 - Julia turned 2. My parents came in for her birthday. We again celebrated with Sage pizza and homemade cupcakes, which Julia helped to decorate.
- My brother and sister-in-law came for a long weekend to visit.
- Julia dressed as a "butterfly fairy" just like the lady at the fair that blows the bubbles for the kids. We offered our trunk for our church's Trunk or Treat and took Julia around there to get candy.
- We got a new roof and gutters thanks to a hail storm (see previous post)
*November 2012 - We celebrated Thanksgiving with some new friends.
*December 2012 - We took our Christmas trip back to the Midwest with lots of time in both Chicago and St. Louis. We enjoyed seeing everyone! By the way, Julia still talks about everyone and will randomly say things like "I want Uncle So-and-so to play with me" and "I'm calling Aunt Blah-blah" on her play phone. She can't wait to see everyone again and keeps asking when they are coming to visit her. So, that means you need to come to Colorado :) Oh, and Micah and I miss you too, of course, Julia's pleas are just so much cuter.
*January 2013 - I turned 30 over our extended Christmas trip. I got to enjoy some glow-in-the-dark mini-golf and some good Chicago-style pizza for my birthday.
That about wraps things up. Now I have to go through my camera and find pictures for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment