We headed back to the Midwest for the holidays on Monday, December 21st after Micah got off work. Wonderful friends of ours, Bob and Kristin, drove us all of the way to the Denver airport. Our flight was fairly empty and Micah and I had the seat between us open and it was, thankfully, uneventful. We landed and eventually got our luggage (it took a while for them to get it to baggage claim) and went out into the night and the snow. It snowed or rained or some combination for the majority of the time we were in the Midwest. I think only 2 days were dry, but not sunny.
Tuesday and Wednesday were fairly relaxing but full of shopping. Tuesday was girls day out as my mom and I went shopping for my birthday present and then to lunch. We shopped some more, came home, I tried on all of the clothes she is getting rid of, and then out to dinner just the two of us. Micah had a relaxing day on Tuesday and then went out for dinner with the guys (my brother and dad) while mom and I were at dinner. Wednesday night my dad, Micah, and I went out to get some last minute gifts, some pears from Harry & David (those pears are great even if you don't like pears), and then got some good, real Chicago pizza.
Thursday was Christmas Eve and we headed to my grandparents' house. It was a great time with family and was a fairly relaxing day. My uncle and aunt came over bringing the cousins (9 years and 2.5 years) along. They were lots of fun, as always. Here are some pics from the day:
The older cousin in all her cuteness:
I just love this picture:
Micah and Grandpa:
The little cousin playing the game Elefun he had just opened. We didn't have batteries to play the game correctly, so he found his own way to play:
Mom and Dad:
Me and Grandma:
Me and Grandpa:
Part 2 coming soon.
1 comment:
I wish we could have connected when you were in town too! I'm so glad you had a good birthday and a good holiday with your family.
Post a Comment