Monday, January 18, 2010

Midwest Christmas Part 3

Here is the last episode:

The Monday after Christmas (Dec. 28th) was a fairly relaxing day. We had lunch with our friend and my former coworker, Kelly. I love that girl and it was so great to be able to see her. It's the first chance we've had to see her since we moved, so it was awesome to catch up. We ate lunch at Fitz's where they have the best homemade root beer and other sodas. I wish there was a place here that made their own root beer. *sigh* Anyway, that night was more family Christmas with the family that lives in St. Peter's. Again, it was a great time of seeing family and hearing all about Erin's (Micah's cousin) wedding details. We also played a great game of Rob Your Neighbor and best of all, Micah and I left with things that we could fit in our luggage.

Tuesday morning was a day out with our niece, Jane who is 7. We took her bowling, to the St. Louis Science Center, and then to lunch. This was such a fun time with lots of pictures, that I'm going to post on it separately.

That afternoon we met up with our friends and former neighbors, Mark and Courtney. It was so great to catch up and see how big their kids are getting. Soon after we arrived at their house, before we saw the kids, I went to the bathroom. I hear Courtney telling the kids, "Come away from the door and leave Tiffany alone. She'll come out. She's not going to stay in there." I laughed so hard. Then, I opened the door to the oldest boy standing there with his hand out saying, "Come, please." and dragging me upstairs to his room to play games with him. Of course I promised to come back after talking for a bit with his parents.

That evening we ate dinner with Micah's parents before heading back to Chicago. A wonderful meal before a long night on the road. It was also great to catch up without lots of noisy kids running around.

Wednesday evening was the only time that we got to meet up with my friends from high school. We ate dinner and played some games. The time was way too short. I think I said that after every gathering ended. We just never seem to have enough time to really spend with the people we love and miss. At least I got to see my friend, Vida's new little girl, Gwen.


Our niece who made us pancakes for breakfast one morning:

Micah's new best friend:

1 comment:

Woggie said...

Oh my gosh! I love you guys too!