We went to the house yesterday to look at the deck and discuss the best way to remove the paint. I again asked our realtor why we needed to do this. She told me what I think I explained before. FHA loans have their own appraisers that come out to look at the houses because they're picky about the conditions the house is in before they give out a loan to someone. Since a bank owns the property, we have to do the work. If we were buying this house from a person, they would do the work. The bank doesn't care and won't put in extra effort. We also examined all of the plumbing. Everything is fixed, the dishwasher runs and drains, and the kitchen sink has a faucet again that works.
On our way out, our neighbors from across the street came over and introduced themselves. I was so excited! I can't wait to move in and get to know them. They were really, really nice when we talked to them.
We also have boxes now! Our realtor's parents just moved to the area about a week ago. As they are unpacking, we are getting the boxes! I have been waiting for a few weeks, trying to get boxes from anywhere I can. Now you're all updated. 8 more days!!
1 comment:
Absolutely exciting! Getting all the boxes you need can be stressful - glad God worked that out for you. :)
Post a Comment